2019精选教育北师大版高一英语必修一课件：unit3 Celebration Lesson 2 (共27张PPT).ppt_图文
Words and Expressions
alcohol hot pot
retire salary apply apply for
n.酒精，酒 火锅 n.小吃，快餐 n.接待，招待会 vi.退休 n.薪水 vt.申请，应用 请求，申请
Words and Expressions
depend on on time smartly
n.机会 n.十几岁的青少年 根据，依据 准时 adv.潇洒地，漂亮地 n.祝贺 n.串，束
When did you last go to a party? What sort of party was it? How many people were there? What did they wear? What time did it start/ finish? What did people do? Did they enjoy it?
At parties we often use these words
alcohol reception close friends snacks present barbecue sit-down meal soft drinks speech
好友 接待 小吃 酒精 聚餐 软饮料 演讲 礼物 吃烧烤肉的野餐
soft drinks 软性饮料
2 Complete the following sentences with suitable words:
1.We only invited family and _c_lo_s_e__fr_i_e_n_d_s_ to my father’s birthday party. My father made a really funny s_p_e_e_c_h_ about life starting at sixty-five, and he thanked everyone for bringing him a _p_r_e_se_n_t__.
2. In the summer, we love having a _b_a_r_b_e_c_u_e__ in the garden with friends.
3. At the wedding _r_e_c_e_p_t_io_n___, we had a _s_it_-_d_o_w_n__m__ea_l___ in a big restaurant --- there were about twenty people at each table.
4. At our parties, there isn’t any _a_l_c_o_h_o_l_ to drink, only _so_f_t_d_r_i_n_k_s_ and there are lots of _s_n_a_c_k_s__ like biscuits and sandwiches to eat.
Listen to learn
Listening Strategies: Understanding the general idea Don’t worry if you can’t understand everything. Listen for important words and phrases. (e.g. failed twice, interview) Try to link key words to topics. Listen more than once, if possible.
3 Listen and decide why each person
is celebrating. passing his / her driving
going to study abroad 3.
getting a job with good
4 Listen again and do the exercise.
1. When you are invited to a party in the UK, you _______. A. needn’t take anything B. do as you are in China C. can take small gifts, such as a bottle of wine, or chocolates D. can’t take flowers except at wedding
2. Which of the following statements is not true? A. You should wear a tie at weddings. B. You’d better not take the car driven by a stranger. C. You’d better arrive at the party earlier to help the host. D. Teenagers may drink a little.
Try to complete the sentences about what you should and shouldn’t do at parties in Britain. Then listen and check your answers.
don’t have to, should (x 2), shouldn’t (x 3), must
1. If it’s very formal, you _sh_o_u__ld_ 2. dress smartly. 2. Nowadays you _d_o_n_’_t _h_a_v_e_t_o_ be
too formal. 3. You _s_h_o_u_l_d_n_’_t arrive late to a
4. You _s_h_o_u_l_d_ take something with you.
5. You _s_h_o_u_l_d_n_’_t drink too much at parties.
6. And you _sh__o_u_ld_n_’_t_ accept a lift home from a person you don’t know.
7. You _m__u_s_t be careful.
Use the phrases from the Function File to prepare some advice for a foreign visitor who is invited to a celebration in China. a) a birthday party
b) a local or national festival c) a wedding
What to wear /What presents to take /When to arrive /What to say/What not to do/When to leave
Match the expressions in the Function File with the situations:
a) someone has b) passed
his/her c) exam(s)
1.That’s really great news! What are they going to call her?
b) some friends have had a baby
2.Congratulations! You worked hard for it/them.
c) someone won the match
d) it’s someone’s birthday
3. Happy Birthday! Have a lovely day!
4. Well done! You played beautifully!
e) someone has won a competition
f) someone is going to get married
5. Wow! That’s brilliant! When’s the big day?
6. That’s brilliant! You lucky thing!
According to the following request , write a composition. 9/5号（星期天） ，上午11点，举行一 次迎新Barbecue活动，地点是mill’s river park, 位于 north Amherst，大约 离学校10分钟车程，或者坐30路校车 （在北村下），或31路校车（北村下 一站），然后步行5～10分钟就可以到 。
Barbecue活动内容： 1. 首选的当然是barbecue，欢迎所
有的老生和新生，备有各种原料 如烤牛 排、火腿 鸡肉和各式调 料。 2.有游戏，还有各种球类活动，足 球 ,篮球，网球，飞盘等。 3.最重要的是，届时差不多每个系都 有老生到场,可以向新生传授各种经 验，认识很多朋友。