哈哈哈哈 哈哈哈 哈哈和
石嘴山市第三中学 2018-2019 学年第一学期高二期中英语试卷
第一部分：听力 (共两节，满分 20 分) 第一节 听下面 5 段对话。每段对话后有一个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选 出最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后，你都有 10 秒钟的时间来回答有关小 题和阅读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。 1. What is Jack's hobby? A. Attending concerts. B. Playing football. C. Seeing films.
2. What does the number refer to? A. A telephone number. B. A room number. C. A flight number.
3. Where does Bob study now? A. At Clark High School. B. At Searing High School. C. At Melrose Community College. 4. What can we learn from the conversation? A. The man wants to travel by train. B. The speakers will have a long trip. C. The woman thinks the train is tiring. 5. What does the man mean? A. He will sell the car. B. The car is in good condition. C. He got tired of the car years ago. 第二节 听下面 5 段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前，你将有时间阅读 各个小题，每小题 5 秒钟；听完后，各小题将给出 5 秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两 遍。 听下面一段对话，回答第 6 和第 7 两个小题。 6. What are the speakers trying to do? A. Phone someone. B. Repair a phone. C. Buy a phone.
哈哈哈哈 哈哈哈 哈哈和
7. Where are the speakers? A. In the street. B. At the woman's. C. In the store.
听下面一段对话，回答第 8 和第 9 两个小题。 8. Where did the speakers go after leaving the coffee shop? A. A bookstore. B. A library. C. A bank.
9. Where did the woman probably leave the purse? A. In the library. B. In the coffee shop. C. In the taxi. 听下面一段对话，回答第 10 至第 12 三个小题。 10. What day is it today? A. Friday. B. Saturday. C. Sunday.
11. Which performance is suitable for the woman? A. The 11:30 one. B. The 4:00 one. C. The 7:00 one. 12. Where does the woman want to sit? A. In the back rows. B. In the middle rows. C. In the front rows.
听下面一段对话，回答第 13 至第 16 四个小题。 13. Where is the woman? A. At the Red Rooms. B. At the main entrance. C. At the restaurant.
14. What do we know about the food on the ship? A. There are restaurants on every deck. B. Over one thousand items are offered. C. The price is included in the ticket. 15. How many pools are there on the ship? A. 2. B.3. C. 5.
16. How does the woman feel? A. Excited. B. Shocked. C. Disappointed.
听下面一段独白，回答第 17 至第 20 四个小题。
哈哈哈哈 哈哈哈 哈哈和
17. What is the exhibition about this year? A. Star posters. B. Railway posters. C. Holiday posters.
18. How long will the exhibition last a day? A. 7 hours. B. 6 hours. C. 5 hours.
19. What does the speaker suggest doing? A. Watching Alan Brown's films on TV. B. Getting tickets for the exhibition in advance. C. Booking seats for The Rose Garden immediately. 20. Where can people make a reservation for Detective in the Shadows? A. At the Town Hall. B. At the Tourist Center. C. At the Arts Center Cinema. 第二部分 单项选择 (每题 1 分，满分 15 分) 21. It suddenly ______ to me that we could use a computer to do the job. A. happened B. occurred C. agreed D. presented
22. He was busy writing a story, only ______ once in a while to smoke a cigarette. A. to stop stopped 23. The two boys are both 1.80 metres______ height, but they are not ______ the same age. A. in; of B. of; in C. of; of D. in; in B. stopping C. to have stopped D. having
24. By the end of last year, another new gymnasium______in Beijing. A. would be completed C. has been completed B. was being completed D. had been completed
25. They look honest but sometimes we are______by them. A. taken in B. taken up C. made up D. put up
26. Our hometown appears ______ a lot in recent years. A. to change B. to have changed C. to be changed D. changing
27. Perhaps this is the first time you have thought of the way______you learn. A. in which B. in that C. to which D. what
28. ______I met him, he was working as a secretary in a big company. A. For the first time B. The first time
哈哈哈哈 哈哈哈 哈哈和
C. The first time when
D. When the first time
29. His composition was so confusing that I could hardly make any______of it. A. meaning B. message C. sense D. information
30. Winning the competition______his financial problems. A. was an end end 31. ______is often the case, we have worked out the production plan. A. Which B. When C. What D. As B. came to an end C. brought an end to D. put an
32. ______back to the Ming Dynasty, the temple can offer us much useful information about history. A. Date B. Dated C. To date D. Dating
33. You'd better get up early. The early train is ______ to leave at five in the morning. A. possible B. probable C. likely D. perhaps
34. If you have a good______of English, you'll get a well paid job very easily. A. control B. improvement C. command D. demand
35. John has got a fever these days, and he says he doesn't want to see a doctor, but I'm afraid he has no______. A. alternative B. extra C. treatment D. possibility
第三部分 阅读理解(共两节，满分 40 分) 第一节 (每题 2 分，满分 30 分) 阅读下面短文，从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C 和 D)中，选出最佳选项。 A After two years of careful consideration, Robert McCrum has reached a conclusion on his selection of the 100 greatest novels written in English. Take a look at a few in his list: The Pilgrim’s Progress by John Banyan (1678) A story of a man in search of truth told with the simple clarity and beauty of Bunyan’s prose makes this an English classic. Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe (1719) By the end of the 19th century, no book in English literary history had enjoyed more editions and translations. This world-famous novel is a complex literature that one cannot resist.
哈哈哈哈 哈哈哈 哈哈和
Gulliver’s Travels by Jonathan Swift (1726) A great work that’s been repeatedly printed, Jonathan Swift’s Gulliver’s Travels comes third in our list of the best novels written in English. Clarissa by Samuel Richardson (1748) Clarissa is a tragic heroine, pressured by her dishonorable family to marry a wealthy man she dislikes, in the book that Samuel Johnson described as ‘"the first book in the world that shows the knowledge about the human heart”. Tom Jones by Henry Fielding (1749) Tom Jones is a classic English novel that gets the spirit of its age and whose characters are well-known since they have come to represent the society at that time. Emma by Jane Austen (1816) Jane Austen’s Emma is her most outstanding work, mixing the best parts of her early books with a deep sense of feelings. The Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym of Nantucket by Edgar Allan Poe (1838) Edgar Allan Poe’s only novel---a classic adventure story with supernatural elements---has fascinated and influenced generations of writers. 36．Which English book has got the most translations before the 20th century? A. Robinson Crusoe. B. Gulliver’s Travels. C. Tom Jones. D. Emma.
37．What does Samuel Johnson think we can learn about from the book Clarissa? A. A love story. C. The human heart. B. Quarrels in a family. D. The spirits of the lime.
38．What makes the characters in Tom Jones famous? A. Their classic lifestyles. C. Their typical spirits of the age. B Luciano Baietti, a retired school, headmaster from Italy, holds the Guinness record for the most university degrees. The 70-year-old currently has 15 bachelors or masters degrees from various universities across Italy, and is getting ready to get his 16th. Getting more than one college degree is not exactly unheard of, but 15 is apparently quite impressive, since it’s only been done by one man. Although he spends his days
B. Their different nationalities. D. Their representation of the society.
哈哈哈哈 哈哈哈 哈哈和
working around his house and garden, like most people his age, at night, Baretti turns into a student again. Every morning, at 3 a. m., when most of the world is sleeping, he wakes up and studies by the light of his desk lamp. He claims studying helps keep his mind active and that every degree he has obtained has helped broaden his knowledge of the world around him. “Thanks to books, I feel free. After all, the words share the share root,” he says, referring to the Italian words libro (book) and libero (free). “Me claims to have been inspired by the 19th century French essayist Louis-Francois Berlin, whose portrait is also on display in his study, alongside his many framed university degrees, and whom he describes as” a man of culture and knowledge. Baietti first made it into the Guinness Book of Records in 2002, after his eighth degree. Then he spent the next 15 years adding seven more bachelors and masters degrees to his collection. “Each time I set myself a new challenge to see how far my body and my brain can go.” At 70-years-old, Baietti thinks he has enough energy for at least one more degree, this time in food science. Probably the most important thing about Baietti’s achievement is that he managed to get most of his university degrees while working as headmaster of a secondary school, and volunteering with Italy’s Red Cross. The secret was always getting up at 3 in the morning to make sure that his thirst (渴求) for knowledge didn’t affect his professional activity and his family life. He spent 3 hours studying every day, and that was apparently all he needed to pass his exams and write his thesis (论文). 39. Which of the following is true according to the passage? A. Louis - Francois Berlin is on good terms with Baietti. B. Baietti is the first Italian to break a Guinness record twice. C. Challenging himself opens up a broader world to Baietti. D. Nobody but Baietti has ever got more than one college degree. 40. Baietti can be best described as .
哈哈哈哈 哈哈哈 哈哈和
A. considerate determined and hardworking C. optimistic and generous and imaginative 41. The key to Baietti’s success is A. the support from his family C. his eagerness for fame
. B. his nonstop daily learning D. his unusual brain and energy
42. What lesson can we learn from the story of Baietti? A. Well begun is half done. C. Take things as they come. B. Strike the iron while it is hot. D. Never too late to learn. C Have you ever looked at a fashionable item of clothing and felt confused? If so, your confusion may have made sense. Several months ago, high fashion brand Balenciaga released a “T-shirt shirt”, which is a shirt sewn on the front of a T-shirt. The unusual design has certainly confused a lot of people. But the “double shirt” isn't fighting alone on the frontier of strange fashion. Ever since US shoe manufacturer Crocs released its famous hole-filled foam shoes, so-called “ugly fashion” hasn’t showed any signs of slowing down. the Business of Fashion website noted. British designer Paul Surridge believes that the rise of ugly fashion is a sign that people are bored of looking perfect all the time “(Fashion) thrives on novelty,” he told the Financial Times Indeed, fashion is all about changes. Something that' s considered uncool one minute can then turn out to be the latest must-have fashion item the next. And in the eyes of US fashion writer Megan Collins, ugly doesn't necessarily mean the design of the item is ugly. After all, ugly is something subjective. "Ugly fashion means 'not the mainstream' ----it's not what everyone's wearing, it's not what the general population considers as “in” right now, she told style news site Fashionista.
哈哈哈哈 哈哈哈 哈哈和
But throughout the history of fashion, when any new trend appears, most people tend to hate it, before it eventually becomes loved. As Italian designer Miuccia Prada told The New York Times, “Maybe because it is newer, ugly is attractive. Ugly is exciting” Meanwhile, popular social media fashion bloggers also help people to pick up new ugly fashion trends. These bloggers express themselves through their clothes, showing their unique personalities and making statements with their wardrobe choices. However as Clever-ish Magazine noted, just being comfortable in your own skin could actually be “the best look” “I personally love having a unique expression, because without ugly fashion and diversity, we’d all look the same. " Australian fashion influencer and model Anita Whittington told Fashionista. I appreciate anything that's out of the norm.” 43. How does the author lead to the topic of the passage? A. By telling a funny story. B. By asking and answering questions. C. By asking questions and giving example. D. By giving different remarks from different people. 44. The underlined word “in” in the passage could be replaced by A. ugly B. fashionable C. affordable D. expensive .
45. What will some social media fashion bloggers do to show their personalities? A. They will dress themselves to look perfect. B. They will try some new and exciting clothes. C. They will make statements with others clothes choices. D. They will express themselves by wearing ugly clothes. 46. What can we infer from Anita Whittington words? A. She is in favor of ugly fashion trends. all. C. She hopes to be the same as others. D D. She wants to look ugly as a model. B She doesn’t care about fashion at
哈哈哈哈 哈哈哈 哈哈和
If you ever visit an English village, make sure to look out for morris dancing. Undoubtedly one of the strangest traditions of English culture, morris dancing, is a form of folk dancing that dates back to the 15th century. If you ever get the opportunity, you really have to see it. Men and women wearing old-fashioned, tattered (褴褛的) clothing dance in the streets of towns and villages across the country during the holiday periods. Women wear long， filly（有褶皱边的）skirts and men wear short trousers with bells attached to them. They dance to traditional folk music which is often played on traditional musical instruments. Some groups carry heavy black sticks which they bash(击打)against each other while they dance. Other groups wave handkerchiefs in the air while they perform. The dances are usually performed near a pub so that when it's over, the dancers and spectators (观众) can sing some traditional folk songs over a pint of beer. The festivities (欢 庆) will often continue long into the night, by which point most people are too drunk to think about performing again. Morris dancing is a great English tradition but it's facing a big crisis (危机). As the years go by, fewer and fewer young people are joining morris dancing groups. The dancers are getting older and older and eventually, if nothing is done to change this trend, the tradition will die out within the next few decades. If you've ever had the fortune to see morris dancing, you may understand why teenagers aren’t rushing to sign up. Putting it bluntly（直截了当地）, it’s not exactly the coolest thing for an 18-year-old to be doing. Why dress up in bells and funny costumes when you could be going clubbing(逛夜店)? Or playing sport? Or doing anything else? However, it would be a great shame to lose such a fun and vibrant(有活力的) part of England’s history and culture. It's important to look after some traditions and customs especially when it's something as harmless and happy as morris dancing. So here’s a toast to the next generation of would-be morris dancers! Let's hope they don't leave it too late. 47. What is the article mainly about?
哈哈哈哈 哈哈哈 哈哈和
A. The popularity of morris dancing in the UK. B. The origins of morris dancing in the UK. C. Different attitudes toward morris dancing in the UK. D. The traditions and development of morris dancing in the UK. 48. Which of the following is TRUE about morris dancing according to the text? A. Dancers usually wear long dresses with bells attached. B. People sing traditional folk music while they dance. C. Dancers perform with sticks or handkerchiefs in their hands. D. People prefer to dance till nighttime in pubs and then stop to drink beers. 49. What crisis is morris dancing facing? A. There is a lack of professional dancers. B. It is losing appeal among young people. C. It is accused of lacking fun and variety. D. Its traditions and customs have been forgotten. 50. What is the author’s attitude toward morris dancing? A. It is a good way for people to stay healthy and positive. B. It is a cultural heritage that deserves more attention. C. It is too old-fashioned and needs to be improved. D. It is fun and vibrant and every teenager should learn to do it. 第二节： （每小题 2 分，满分 10 分） 根据短文内容，从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。选项中有两项为多余 选项。 These days when someone says a computer has a bug in it，usually they mean that there’s a problem with one of its programs．Maybe your computer crashed when you were in the middle of a game. 51 But back in the early days of computers，a woman named Grace Hopper was part of the team that discovered the very first computer bug． 52 She had been invited to help program a new computer，the job of which was Then it
to quickly deal with the math problems ships used to find their way． 53
translated the patterns of holes into the math problems it was supposed to solve．
- 10 -
哈哈哈哈 哈哈哈 哈哈和
One afternoon in 1947 Hopper and her team were running a program．But the computer wasn’t giving them the right result. 54 They finally ended up taking the computer apart，looking for problems．What did they find? It was a dead moth(飞蛾)! The moth was blocking some of the holes in the paper—no wonder the computer didn't know what to do． Hopper knew that the term“bug”had been used before when there were problems with machines．But this was the first time a computer had ever had a bug． 55 Some people think Hopper was the first person to use the word“debug”to mean “get rid of the problems in a computer”． A. What could be wrong? B. Hopper was a hardworking scientist． C. Or you got an error message when you tried to go to a website． D. Hopper was a mathematician． E. The computer worked by reading instructions from a long piece of paper with holes in it． F. Who had operated the computer? G. She thought it was funny that it was a real one． 第四部分 英语知识运用(共两节，满分45分) 第一节 完形填空(每题 1.5 分，满分 30 分) 阅读下面短文，从短文后各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C 和 D)中，选出可以填入空白处的最 佳选项。 As my husband, Doug, stood on the busy New York city street trying to stop a taxi, I tried to protect my daughter from the cold December wind and rain. I put my head down to kiss her tiny face. 56 and wet, my husband gave up his attempt to flag down a taxi. I knew the 57 . Just after her first birthday, we were told our daughter Katie has a 58 brain
illness. Since that moment, Doug and I felt like runners in a marathon race where the finish line kept 59 .We knew Katie was running out of 60 . It had taken months
before we finally had a name for the 61 , but we were told only a few specialists(专
- 11 -
哈哈哈哈 哈哈哈 哈哈和
家)in the world knew how to 62 it. Now, as we finally found a brilliant doctor to 63 our girl, we were in a strange 64 in the cold rain.
Just at the moment, a middle-aged woman pulled over and said “Pardon me? May I offer you a(n) 65 ？” Before we could say anything, she continued, “It's really no 66 for me. Just get in” It was then that I noticed her thick Irish accent, which 67 me up like hot soup. We simply said, “Thanks! Roosevelt Hospital, please,” as we got in her car for the ride. “Are you going 68 the baby?” she asked us. I nodded my head, holding back my 69 . At the hospital, we 70 her a dozen times for the ride. As the woman hugged me, I 71 her face was wet with tears. She promised to 72 for us before she left .
After three more visits to New York and two more 73 surgeries, Katie is cured. But the 74 of the Irish Angel still rang as a constant reminder of a tiny ray of 75 days. C. Worried C. message C. normal C. disappearing C. money C. doctor C. reach C. save C. town C. car C. question C. warmed C. for C. smile D. Satisfied D. sense D. natural D. running D. courage D. challenge D. fix D. encourage D. city D. umbrella D. loss D. woke D. with D. tears
- 12 -
light that appeared in our 56. A. Excited 57. A. feeling 58. A. simple 59. A. coming 60. A time 61. A. race 62. A. explain 63. A. protect 64. A. country 65. A. seat 66. A. trouble 67. A. picked 68. A. to 69. A. surprise
B. Frustrated B. spirit B. rare B. lowering B. confidence B. illness B. check B. meet B. hospital B. ride B. difference B. called B. after B. anger
哈哈哈哈 哈哈哈 哈哈和
70. A. thanked 71. A. guessed 72. A. work 73. A. eye 74. A. voice 75. A. busiest
B. praised B. believed B. sing B. brain B. bravery B. luckiest
C. respected C. understood C. pray C. kidney C. reward C. happiest
D. accepted D. noticed D. drive D. heart D. advice D. darkest
第二节 (每题 1.5 分，满分 15 分) 阅读下面材料，在空白处填入适当的内容(不多于 3 个单词)或括号内单词的正确形式。 The following are two great moments I've recently spent with my two lovely kids. Not long ago, I 76 (read) a bedtime story to my seven?year?old daughter, Annie, 77 (express) on her face.
when I noticed she was staring at me with an amused I asked what she was thinking about.
“Mommy，” she whispered, “I just can't stop looking at your pretty face.” Imagine 78 delighted I was to hear that! Not long after, I took my four?year?old son Sam to a large department store, the sweet notes of a classic love song drew us toward a musician piano. Sam and I sat down on a bench nearby, and he pleasant music as I was. I didn't realize that Sam had stood up next to me until he took my face in his little hands and said, “Dance 82 me.” 83 (make) by a round?cheeked boy with 84 (attract) 85 81 80 79
(seem) as absorbed in the
How could I turn down an invitation
baby teeth? In fact, I would not have traded a dance with such an
young gentleman if I'd been offered the universe. I stood up and we danced (happy) on the open ground of the department store. 第五部分 综合应用 (共两节，满分 30 分) 第一节 短文改错 (每题 1 分，满分 10 分)
假定英语课上老师要求同桌之间交换修改作文，请你修改你同桌写的以下便条。便条中 共有 10 处错误，每句中最多有两处。错误涉及一个单词的增加、删除或修改。 增加：在缺词处加一个漏词符号(∧)，并在其下面写出该加的词。 删除：把多余的词用斜线(\)划掉。 修改：在错的词下画一横线，并在该词下面写出修改后的词。 注意：1.每处错误及其修改均仅限一词。
- 13 -
哈哈哈哈 哈哈哈 哈哈和
2．只允许修改 10 处，多者(从第 11 处起)不计分。 Yesterday, I saw the old lady fall down when I was hurrying to school. I was about to help her up while suddenly a passer?by stop me, saying that I might be accused of knocking her down. Heard his words, I began to hesitate and slowed down my steps. At the same time, another student, that saw everything, went up to help. The old lady said nothing but lots of thank to the good boy. I felt ashamed. As is know to all, helping others is forever a good virtue. Even though some old people are becoming immorally, we can't let it to disappear. I have made my mind to reach out my hand without hesitation next time. 第二节 书面表达 (满分 20 分) 假设你是李华，学校学英语社团将举办主题为“Live a low－carbon life”的演讲比赛， 你准备参赛，请你写一份 100 词以上的发言稿。 写作要点：1.陈述理由：为什么要过低碳生活？ 2．如何过低碳生活？提到至少三条建议。 3．倡议同学们过低碳生活。 要求：1.内容充实，结构完整，语意连贯。 2．书写需清晰、工整。 Hello everyone， ___________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ Thanks.
- 14 -